Your privacy is critically important to us. We have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
Our legal status under UK data protection law is that of a data controller and in this capacity we will securely store and process your personal information which you have provided to us. Data controller is a legal term used in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) to signify the person who controls what to do with any given personal information. As data controller we have registered with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is ZA146473.
Collection of information
- your name,
- company/organisation name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- address; and
- any information contained within your calendar(s).
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested services.
How is your personal information used?
We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- provide information about your calendar to third party service providers with whom you already have a pre-existing relationship and have given your consent for them to process your personal information;
- provide you with our services which you have signed up for;
- provide you with personalised visits to our Platform;
- better understand how you interact with and use our Platform;
- develop our offering and the layout of our Platform to ensure that our services are as useful and enjoyable as possible;
- contact you;
- send out email alerts you may have signed up for;
- recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you (but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes); and
- share your personal information with our partners (detailed below).
With whom is your personal information shared?
We will disclose your personal information only to third party service providers whom you already have an existing relationship with as set out above.
We may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our Platform in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other Platform information to prospective partners, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information, for example in the administration of justice or where we have to defend ourselves legally. We may also need to disclose personal information in the event of a reorganisation, sale or takeover.
The requirements of data protection law
- we will only collect sufficient personal information for the uses set out above;
- we will endeavour to keep your personal information up-to-date;
- we will not retain your personal information longer than necessary unless required to do so by law;
- we may transfer your personal information to the United States of America but only where we have Model Contract Clauses in place to protect your personal information to the standards that apply within Europe.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in facilities to which access is limited. It is your responsibility to ensure the security of your password and not to reveal this information to others.
Reviewing your personal information
In some cases, you can review and correct personal information provided through our Platform by going to the page on which you provided the information. In all cases, you can make a subject access request to review your personal information collected via our Platform or ask us to stop using it by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing you access to your personal information and may request a small administrative fee. You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change.
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser's memory. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our Platform or other websites that you visit. To learn more about cookies and how to disable them we recommend you visit the Information Commissioner's website here. Furthermore, whilst we do not use third party marketing cookies, you can learn more about these and how to delete them here.
The cookies we use, which includes analytics cookies, are used solely in relation to our service and so as to better understand how you interact with the Platform. By using our Platform you consent to us using cookies.